A group of small dots on your skin can either be bites from bed bugs or fleas. One difference between flea bites and bed bug bites is that flea bites are most commonly found on lower parts of the body like elbows and knees. On the other hand, bed bug bites are usually around the neck, on the arms and face—the upper parts of the body.
“Don’t let the bed bugs bite” is a cute phrase and one that is said and heard often at bed times across the world. Luckily, most of us are unaware that bed bugs actually exist but for those few who have experienced them it has been a less than enjoyable encounter.
Reliable commercial pest control operators Bob Gunn Termite Solutions are able to offer an obligation free inspection and quote as part of our client services. Our thorough inspection will incorporate not only bed bugs but other pests such as cockroaches, silverfish, ants, spiders, termites and rodents.
Hotels, inns and other establishments in the hospitality industry are very much prone to bed bugs. With hundreds of guests going in and out, infestations come as no surprise.
If you’re a constant traveller, it’s important to protect yourself from these blood sucking pests—of course, unless you want an unpleasant bed bug situation to hold you back from the main purpose of your trip.
Clueless on how to examine your hotel room for bed bugs? Bob Gunn Termite Solutions has got you covered.
Ensure your stay is bed bug problem-free by following these steps:
1) Once you enter your room, don’t unpack immediately. Instead, place your luggage in the bathtub. Avoid the luggage rack or valet as there might be bugs present from the previous guest’s luggage.
2) Equip yourself with some useful tools for inspection. Use a penlight or flashlight (or that of your phone) and a credit card.
3) Completely remove the cover and check the sheets’ surface.
4) Expose the mattress, removing the linens including the blanket from the bed. Start with the corners as this is where bed bugs like to hide. Look for:
• Live bugs about 4mm long
• Rusty or reddish stains
• Dark brown blood spots
• Eggs and eggshells about 1mm in size as well as pale yellow skins (shed by nymphs)
5) Use a credit card to get underneath the mattress’s folds and, with a flashlight, examine the darker hiding spots.
6) Don’t leave any corner of the mattress unchecked.
7) It’s crucial to check the headboard and the nightstand as well—all the cracks and crevices.
8) Inspect framed pictures hanging on the wall.
9) Check the seams and folds of any upholstered furniture in the room.
10) Examine the curtains thoroughly.
If you find any sign of bed bugs or live ones, notify the front desk immediately. Look for another hotel or simply request to be moved to a new room that’s far away from your current room. While you’re at it, encourage your hotel to hire the services of a reliable pest control company, just like us at Bob Gunn Termite Solutions. For more information, contact us today.
Aside from being highly irritating and a big job to get rid of, bed bugs can cause some embarrassment for families who find they have arrived in their home uninvited. These tiny little bloodsucking creatures can cause a decent amount of upset and seem to be showing up around parts of Brisbane more often. Read more
“Don’t let the bed bugs bite” is a cute phrase and one that is said and heard often at bed times across the world.
Luckily, most of us are unaware that bed bugs actually exist but, for those few who have experienced them, it has been a less than enjoyable encounter. Read more
Specialist Category Winner 2016
QLD State Pest Manager of the Year 2015
Australian Pest Manager of the Year Award 2014 (+5 Employees)
Australian Pest Manager of the Year Award 2014
QLD State Pest Manager of the Year 2014
BOB GUNN TERMITE SOLUTIONS
A: 22 Pineapple Street, Zillmere, Queensland 4034 Australia
F: (07) 3286 9820
Monday to Friday: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Service Areas: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast, Redlands and Logan